Kjaer Weis and W3LL People Narcissist Stick: A Non-Toxic Cream Foundation Comparison
I shared this information on my Instagram page a few weeks back, but I realized that it would be helpful to post here for others.
Of all the organic or toxic-free foundations I've tested over the years, these two are by far the best! I've been rotating these two non-toxic cream foundations from W3LL PEOPLE and Kjaer Weis for a few months trying to figure out which one is my favorite until it dawned on me: I don't have to pick a favorite! I can use what I want when I want! But I'll share what I know about the differences in the products.
Both products are toxic-free cream foundations that work just as well (in my opinion better) than leading conventional brands.
They are both free of artificial preservatives, parabens, chemicals, dyes, fragrance, silicone, dimethicone, pthalates, sulphates, petroleum, talc, bismuth oxychloride, nanoparticles, all the nasties.
The picture above shows me in a very basic make-up routine with just foundation, mascara and a little blush so you can see the foundation well (note, I'm still in my pjs and haven't touched my bed-head, aren't Josh Rosebrook's products working wonderfully?!)
I'm wearing Kjaer Weis in Illusion on my right (your left) and W3LL PEOPLE Narcissist Stick in Number 5 on my left (your right).
- Though incredibly similar, Kjaer Weis is the tiniest bit creamier and more of the product comes off per swipe than W3LL PEOPLE. Moisturizing is KEY for both foundations, so once it's on your face, they both basically melt right on.
- With Kjaer Weis, you swipe the foundation with your finger or brush to apply. I prefer applying it by dabbing with my fingers all over my face and building coverage as I need it.
- With W3LL PEOPLE, you have the added bonus of applying directly to your face from the stick. I apply it by swiping a few strokes over my face and gently gliding the foundation over my face with my fingers.
- Sure you could use a brush with both, I like using nice, clean fingers.
- Again, pretty similar. They are both can go on as a thin layer, much like a tinted moisturizer and can be built up to complete full coverage. They are both long-lasting and beautiful. My preference, by far, over liquid and powder foundations.
- I don't know how to describe this next part but to say that Kjaer Weis has just a tad of glam added to it. As you can tell by the picture above, it's hard to tell any difference between the two, though when I feel like being fancy, I always seem to reach for Kjaer Weis!
- Kjaer Weis looks classy but gets covered in fingerprints in a flash. It's also pretty heavy compared to the lightweight W3LL PEOPLE tube.
- Though it'll cause a small earthquake and wake your neighbor if you drop it, Kjaer Weis's slim frame slides easily into a small clutch and the reflective shell is the closest thing you'll get to a mirror outside of carrying a separate item with you
- Kjaer Weis is $68 for the initial foundation with casing, then $40 for refills
- W3LL PEOPLE is $40
- Kjaer Weis has 7 shades to choose from while W3LL PEOPLE has 8
You can buy them both at The Detox Market or buy yourself something else spectacular and get 3 free samples of the colors you are thinking about for both products! Just make sure to enter all three products and colors you want in the notes section BEFORE you check out!
Also in the picture above I am wearing:
I hope this helps, I have both and still use both!