Kids Armour: Protection From Smart Device EMF Exposure
My family and I live in Silicon Valley; the tech capital of the world. While 3 million of us might call this home, so do the tech giants Google, Facebook, Apple, Cisco, eBay, Adobe, HP, Yahoo, Tesla...you get the picture. These companies are constantly testing and outputting the latest and greatest technology, and sometimes we're first to experience it in public. I'm not wild about being the guinea pig, just ask my daughter why I won't go to the mall and she'll tell you "mama doesn't like the robots" or ask my husband if I'd ride in a self-driving car, he'd respond with "maybe on the way to her funeral."
It's not that I reject technology as a whole, I'm just super cautious with it.
When it comes to WiFi and smart devices, my inability to inherently trust their safety comes from the FCC's lax approach to technology regulation. While many studies that have shown a connection with EMF exposure and various health conditions, regulations are seemingly outdated, based on decades-old studies. We know technology changes so frequently, so why aren't the regulations updated accordingly? As with many things in our life, we end up being our best advocate, even if it means erring on the side of caution.
Keep reading to learn more about EMF radiation and how to get the product I'm using to help protect my family - for free!
Whether you live in a big city or a small one, EMF exposure is unavoidable. EMF (electromagnetic fields), defined are "invisible areas of energy, often referred to as radiation, that are associated with the use of electrical power and various forms of natural and man-made lighting. EMFs are typically characterized by wavelength or frequency into one of two radioactive categories: Ionizing and Non-Ionizing."
The topic of EMF could go on for hours and can be overwhelming but I want to zero-in specifically on smart device usage, particularly how they affect our children. We know EMF's can penetrate the skull, but children's tissue can absorb up to 10 times the amount of EMF an adult can!
Studies have shown EMF exposure linked to cancer and electromagnetic hypersensitivity, destructive effects on sex hormones, gonadal function, fetal development, and pregnancy, even childhood leukaemia, brain tumours, genotoxic effects, neurological effects and neurodegenerative diseases, immune system deregulation, allergic and inflammatory responses, breast cancer, miscarriage and some cardiovascular effects.
Did you know your smart devices come with warnings to keep them away from your body? Here's a few:
Children are not only at risk because they are more susceptible to EMF penetration, but also because of long-term exposure and their life expectancy. I'm 35 years old; we didn't have wifi in our home until I was 15, so my exposure started later in life and slowly increased as technology improved and became more affordable and accessible. Within a couple hours of my daughter's birth 5 years ago, she was surrounded by waves of endless smart phones and iPads - infinitely more than we have ever been exposed to as children (assuming my readers are over the age of 20) and that was only the beginning.
As parents, we may already limit screen time as our previous generation have engrained TV will rot your brain!, (if you didn't read that line like a granny, you're doing it wrong) and while they're probably right, a bigger concern for us is the radiation exposure. Here's what we do.
Limit smart device usage
- Outside of EMF exposure and brain rotting, our reasoning is simple: development and engagement. We want our child engaged with the real world using all her senses to help proper development of gross motor skills and cognitive function. We want her to value real-life experiences and relationships outside of the virtual. This value has put smart devices as the lowest priority in our daughter's life. It was actually on of our top deciding factors when choosing an elementary school for our daughter who'll be attending a facility that doesn't use computers or smart devices until they are teenagers.
Downloading content on smart devices
- When our daughter uses WiFi on the iPad, it's for short periods at a time; 10 minute FaceTime sessions with long distance friends and relatives or asking Siri to show her "pictures of all dogs in the world". When she watches a movie, we try to download the content, then watch with the device in "Airplane Mode."
Using Kids Armour
- When Airplane Mode isn't an option we rely on the Kids Armour microchip which significantly mitigates the impact of radiation on the body.
Kids Armour is a simple device that can be attached to any WiFi device to protect against harmful radiation. It does so by emitting frequencies that have been proven to allow the body to function in it's natural state by keeping the tissue cooler and the blood at it's normal level while using cellular technology.
This is different than other EMF safety devices that claim to "block" or "absorb" EMF frequencies because those can end up being more harmful as the smart devices works harder to overpower the EMF blocker. This in turn, increases the tissue temperature, whereas Kids Armour works to simply reduce tissue temperature during EMF exposure and their microchips have been proven to do so by independent labs, including double blind, randomized placebo based testing.
While we love unplugging most of the time, for the times we use a smart device, Kids Armour helps alleviate those EMF worries. Kids Armour is easy to install by simply peeling and sticking to any WiFi device.
Get a free microchip
I've partnered together with Kids Armour to offer my readers a free microchip! While Kids Armour microchips run $19.95 each, every household reading this will get one free by visiting them here to claim your free microchip with $5 shipping. Once you've claimed your free microchip, the page will redirect you to add optional additional items at a 50% discount.
The California Department of Health published a document titled How to Reduce Exposure to Radiofrequency Energy From Cell Phones which includes some helpful tips including:
- Using a speakerphone or headset instead of holding your cell phone to your head. Better yet, use an air-tube headset which has the least amount of EMF exposure
- Keep the phone away from your body when streaming content or downloading/sending large files
- Carry cell phone in a backpack, briefcase or purse and NOT in a pocket, bra or belt holster
- Try avoiding cell phone usage when coverage is weak or in a fast moving car, bus or train since higher levels of frequency are emitted during these times
- Don't sleep with your phone near your head unless it's in airplane mode
- Remove your headset when you're not on a call