Summer Shimmer + June's Beauty Hero Box Reveal
Let's get right to it with the June Beauty Heroes Box - a make-up box! This is the first make-up box issued by our beloved Beauty Heroes, and they chose a 4-piece Emotive Makeup Collections by Modern Minerals.
Included in the box are:
- Highlighter: Modern Moonstone cream highlighter with a touch of gold to illuminate the skin
- Eye Shadow: Rose Quartz eye shadow in a neutral yet flattering shade
- 2 Lip Glosses
- Padparadscha - A rosey gemstone color infused with Lotus Wei flower essences
- Citrine - A golden nude suitable for just about any time
The best part of these choices, is not only are you getting clean ingredients in make up that actually wears well and looks great, but they smell amazing thanks to Lotus Wei and herbal infusions incorporated into the products!
Love More Promotion
I know many of you caught my Clean Beauty Deodorant Guide I posted last week - good news: One of the items I highlighted is the free gift with purchase in the Beauty Heroes Shop! See below:
June’s Love More promotion is a complimentary Agent Nateur Deodorant Holi(stick) with any purchase in our Beauty Store over $100. This gift with purchase is available to members and non members alike, but members receive a 15% discount everything in the shop at checkout!
All that glitters is (Rose) Gold
A couple other shimmery highlights for you; I personally love the shimmer and glow look on my legs, arms and décolleté - here are a few of my favorites for comparison for you!
New for the summer are a few gold and rose gold highlighters, I personally like these more than the white highlighters, they seem to blend with medium to dark tones much better!
Left photo, L-R:
- Au Naturale Rose Gold Organic Creme Highlighter Stick, $32 - 9ml
- A medium gold with rose undertones. Sheer, light-reflective creme highlighters are designed to brighten and define the face and décolletage where the light would naturally strike you - apples of the cheeks, the T-zone and the brow bone
Rose Gold also doubles as a luminous blusher!
Formulated without gluten, parabens, fillers, animal by-products, synthetic preservatives or toxins, our organic creme highlighter is 100% natural, cruelty-free, vegan and made in the USA
- RMS Master Mixer, $38 - 0.17oz
- Touted as the ‘Holy Grail’ of beauty, the RMS Master Mixer makeup is pioneering a new category in multi-tasking colour cosmetics with the ability to transform any product with a universally flattering rose gold tone.
- Use the Master Mixer to effortlessly blend with any lip, cheek, eye or highlighting product to instantly double and revolutionize the color palette of your existing makeup bag with just one product.
- Modern Minerals Moonstone Cream Highlighter
- Formulated with organic coconut, jojoba and Lotus Wei flower essences, it glides smoothly onto the skin leaving a touch of gold to illuminate your features
- Available from Beauty Heroes! (See above for June's box!)
Shimmer for the Bod
- May Lindstrom The Good Stuff, $110 - 3.38 oz
- Beautiful blend of shimmer with glow!
- Smells like chocolate!! Undertones of ylang-ylang, rose and lavender.
- Available from Integrity Botanicals, The Detox Market, Follain, or Citrine
- Ingredients: *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, *Macadamia Integrifolia (Macadamia Nut) Oil, *Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Prunus Spp (Plum Kernel) Oil, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, *Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Absolute) Oil, *Cananga Odorata (Ylang-Ylang) Essential Oil, *Rosa Damascena (Rose Absolute) Essential Oil, *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Essential Oil, Mica. * Certified Organic
- Mahalo Vacation Glow, $95 - 3.4 oz
- The least sparkle-y of the three, but adds a hint of color and glow
- Hydrating Kukui oil, balancing Macadamia oil, repairing Sea Buckthorn oil, skin-miracle Argan oil, scar-fading Avocado oil, problem-solving Tamanu oil and youth engancing COQ10 feed and restore skin and hair for unparalleled hydration and overall well-being.
- Very strong aroma: Notes of tuberose, Hawaiian jasmine, and ylang ylang deliver its signature Vacation Glow scent.
- Also available from Beauty Heroes at 15% off - order in June to get your free Agent Nateur Deodorant with purchase of $100 or more!
- Ingredients: persea americana (avocado) oil*, macadamia integrifolia (macadamia) oil*, aleurites moluccans (kukui) oil*, argania spinosa (argan) oil*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil*, calophyllum inophyllum (Polynesian tamanu) oil*, hippophae rhamnoides (sea buckthorn) CO2 extract*, calendula officinalis (calendula) flowers*, prunus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, tocopherol (vitamin e), santalum paniculatum (Hawaiian sandalwood) oil*, pelargonium graveolensaroma (geranium) oil*, boswellia carterii (frankincense) oil*, cananga odorata (ylang ylang) oil*, jasminum sambac (pikake) oil*, polianthes tuberosa (tuberose) oil*, ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10), mica
- MJ Skin Naturals Summer Butter, $12, 4 oz
- The most mica-potent, if you will. Very shimmery!
- Very fragrant - smells like summer coconut and mango!
- Ingredients: Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Blend of shimmering mica powders, Vitamin E Toccopherol
Want More Info on Beauty Heroes?
I have been an ambassador with Beauty Heroes since August 2015 and sometimes forget my readers may not know who they are and what they do!
Beauty Heroes is a monthly subscription box that offers full size products that have won us over in the Green/Clean Beauty world. Whether you're new to (and potentially overwhelmed by) the green beauty movement or are looking for new products selected by experts at a reasonable (and sometimes shockingly low) price, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by this service.
- As a member, you receive full size product(s) from the most esteemed, respected and sought-after brands on the clean beauty market for way less than the retail cost.
- As a Brand Ambassador, I will use and test each product a few weeks before they are issued to subscribers, posting a review about the time you receive them in the mail!
I know, another subscription box? Not quite! Personally, subscription boxes aggravate me; they seem to just fill my house with more "stuff" I wouldn't have bought in the first place. But yet here I am, partnering with a "subscription service," but it's only because I truly believe what they provide is different.
Unlike most subscription services, you won't be receiving a box full of random samples from a beauty liquidator full of toxic ingredients. The Beauty Heroes motto is to Use Less. Love More., so each shipment features one brand: A top tier full size 'Hero' and 'Sidekick' which they receive directly from the brand themselves.
Previous hero products have been from the likes of Laurel Skin, Josh Rosebrook, Kahina Giving Beauty, In Fiore, Vintner's Daughter, True Botanicals, Skin Owl, Osmia Organics and more!
All items are hand selected by spa experts all over the country who agree each product provides superior results without any toxic ingredients. Even better, Beauty Heroes creates their product calendar so the products are not only seasonally appropriate, but alternate between face, body sun and hair care so you don't have to worry about receiving similar items back to back. After several months, your beauty cabinet should be stocked with game-changing products that
- you love
- contain no harsh chemicals or toxins and
- didn't break the bank
Beauty Heroes also aims to help you learn the "Villain Ingredients" and how to avoid them, while promising to never include them in any product you are sent. Their Ingredient Intelligence Pocket Guide listing the most widely found Superpower and Villain Ingredients and is free for download.
And what if you receive a product that doesn't work for you? No problem - they want you to be a satisfied customer and will refund your money.
Oh yes, the money.
The box is $39 per month for items that retail for up to $185! As a member, you also receive 15% off any item in their online shop.
Plus - if you share a photo of your monthly box on instagram with the hashtag #herogram, you might be selected as one of three monthly winners to receive a free month's subscription!
You might be concerned about not knowing what you're getting yet, but trust me....it's sooooo good. I was speechless at the value not only with the products themselves, but the extent at which Beauty Heroes and their experts go to dissect and test each product to ensure they line up with their values, including a commitment to cruelty-free beauty.
I take my collaborations seriously and wouldn't invest my time, energy or reputation on something I don't think you won't love.
This post contains affiliate links.