Wine, Miracles and THE Serum: Vintner's Daughter Proves Its Worth
By now you may have heard about the multi-correctional face serum making headlines as "the face oil to end all face oils." This small brand, run by April Gargiulo in Napa Valley touts one sole product: a 30ml glass bottle of majestic elixir on course to revolutionize skincare.
There has been mounting excitement around this product in recent months and it has quickly become a coveted possession, yet what caught my attention first and foremost was the name:
As a lover of all things ancient, traditional, and basically anything with a story (is it any wonder I have a 1930's heirloom wedding ring?) I wanted to know all about April's experience with her family's vineyard and how it inspired her to create the serum.
Update: Months after posting this, I am still using and loving Vintner's Daughter daily. The Beauty Heroes pricing is no longer available, but you can purchase it directly from Follain or Integrity Botanicals along with free shipping.
Her serum, I discovered, is created by sourcing the highest quality, organic and wildcrafted full plant ingredients coupled with time-honoring processes to produce oils that are the most functional and nutrient dense. In fact, she told me when they make the serum, it begins by looking like a large, bright, bountiful salad. She doesn't compromise the integrity of any ingredient with short cuts (like heat) and by doing so, is given the truest and most powerful serum on the market. This labor intensive process is typically avoided because it is:
- time consuming
- prone to error
- time consuming
- did I mention it was time consuming?
I love the foundation behind Vintner's Daughter. The moment I started using it, I could tell it was something special. She recommends the "push-press" technique to fully absorb all the crazy active megafoods to your skin, and as I did this, I found myself cupping my hands over my nose and mouth and just breathing it all in, transported to a place of peaceful stillness. For me to say this is quite a statement; I have heard other's speak of their ability to relax to let the world around them melt away. It always sounded quite nice, I had just never experienced it until now.
Much like winemaking, quality is the yardstick against which everything is measured, the end product is the result of time, care and diligence.
This isn't about a woman who ordered expensive oils, threw them together in a fancy violet glass bottle and stuck a hefty price tag on the potion. The ingredients are actually known as "foods of life" - as in you can actually live off of them! They were carefully and thoughtfully selected, then gently crafted into a powerful miracle-oil to affect change on the cellular level. The violet glass, was part of the plan too:
It was her winemaking background and upbringing where she learned in importance time honoring methods. She developed this product, not from a cost or marketing perspective, but by abiding by the philosophy in which their family's business, Garguilo Vineyards, was planted and grown. In fact, she ran the vineyard for 10 years before her first child was born.
My husband and I have frequented Napa Valley, enjoyed numerous wines, vineyard walks and discussions over which of the bottles may closely resemble the wine Jesus created from water or which we thought should be served at the wedding feast, a celebration Jesus references at his last supper:
Years ago I read a book called Scouting the Divine, My Search for God in Wine, Wool and Wild Honey. Feeling disconnected from passages of ancient scripture, the author spent time with a shepherd, a farmer, a beekeeper and a master vintner to help her understand the context within the passages.
I remember loving the book and coming to appreciate the work of a vintner and vinedresser and of course, the wine. I found myself grabbing the book off the shelf to reacquaint myself with the winemaking process and what I saw gave me chills.
The author enters the chapter discussing her near impossible search to find a vintner with "some sort of biblical framework in their background who could appreciate Jesus' first miracle - turning water into wine - and Jesus' frequent use of a vineyard as the setting for his parables." She struggled to find someone...until, a chance encounter led her to the master vintner at none other than Garguilo Vineyards!
People in ancient times would be fully aware of the context surrounding the passages of wine, or oil for that matter. These two commodities were at the center of their day to day activities, livelihood, celebrations and even some miracles.
They instinctively knew the time and labor involved in creating these goods, something we wouldn't give a second thought because of our life has been sped up by technology. In this case, the advancements have removed critical pieces of the ingredients.
Here's a look inside Vintner's Daughter's active botanical blend using traditional processes:
- Grape Seed Oil - A powerful foundation oil with maximum absorption and anti-oxidant properties
- Hazelnut Oil - A key foundation oil rich in linoleic acids that strengthens skin's elasticity and its small perticle size allows it to reach deep into skin
- Bergamot Peel Oil - A time-honored oil that inhibits melanin synthesis; lightens and brightens skin
- Avocado Oil - An oil rich in Vitamin E and a serious free-radical avenger
- Marigold - An oil prized for centuries for its potent healing and soothing powers
- Rose Absolute - An ancient skin healer and hormonal skin balancer
- Carrot Seed Oil - An oil rich in Vitamin A that is a super charged cell regenerator and wrinkle reducer
- Evening Primrose Oil - A powerful healing and anti-inflammatory oil that also acts as a skin balancer
- Rosehip Seed Oil - An oil that uniquely targets damage and discoloration caused by UV exposure
- Lemon Peel - A botanical that inhibits melanin synthesis to lighten and brighten skin
- Lavender Flower - A deeply healing and highly anti-inflammatory ancient botanical
- Alfalfa Leaf - A potent detoxifier with dense phytonutrient content for cell regeneration
- Nettle Leaf - A botanical with maximum vitamin A and C content to combat wrinkles and sun damage
- Dandelion Leaf - A potent detoxifier with dense phytonutrient content for cell regeneration
- Frankincense Oil - A sought after oil that increases blood circulation allowing serum to penetrate skin's layers
- Neroli Flower Oil - A powerful and ancient aromatic for spiritual and skin health
- Rosemary Leaf Extract - An anti-microbial botanical that also helps reduce acne
- Sea Buckthorn Fruit - A deeply nourishing oil that contains the entire family of Omegas 3, 6, 9 and the rare Omega 7
- Tumeric Root Oil - A super charged anti-inflammatory, skin brightener and free radical avenger
- Cypress Leaf Oil - An oil that increases blood circulation, strengthens capillaries and delivers oxygen to skin
- Jasmine Flower - A rare and sought after oil that promotes skin elasticity and increases cellular renewal
- Tamanu Oil - A deeply nourishing oil prized for its rich fatty acid content readily available for skin absorption
The end result gives you one truly transformative face oil that in all actuality, can replace the combination of 3-5 other facial products you may be using. As a busy mom and a wellness ambassador who strives for minimalism, this product speaks my love language.
And now, the moment you've been waiting for; the opportunity to try Vintner's Daughter. Beauty Heroes is offering full size Vintner's Daughter's Active Face Serum for as their December Expert Selection. This tried and true serum can be on it's way to you for the membership price of $39 and you'll possibly soon say farewell to a few unnecessary products in your daily routine.
I'd act fast...I have a feeling these bottles are going to sell themselves out pretty quickly.
Not only that, as it is Black Friday and Cyber Monday time, Beauty Heroes will be offering 10% off any gift subscriptions - what an idea for Christmas! Also, if you choose to gift a subscription in the size of 3, 6 or 12 months, your account will be credited with a free month of Beauty Heroes! To take advantage of this offer, use the code: CELEBRATE (*more details listed toward the bottom).
With a retail price of $185, this serum may be the priciest oil in your clean beauty repertoire, but hardly a years wages; the cost of the oil of nard which was poured over Jesus by the widow in Matthew 26. That scene cannot be replicated, but if it were an appropriate ritual in our day, I'd like to think I'd be willing to pour out a magnificent, costly oil such as Vintner's Daughter. But for now, I'll use it the way April intended! I can't wait for you to experience it!
*This very special Black Friday offer is intended for gifting NEW 3-, 6- and 12-month Beauty Heroes Gift Subscriptions. Offer only valid on Gift Subscriptions + not valid on existing subscriptions, for existing subscribers or for renewals. Offer expires 11:59 PM PST on Monday, 11/30/15. A $39 credit towards one free month of Beauty Heroes will be issued to the gift giver for each qualifying gift subscription via email the week of 11/30/15, once compliance with offer is validated. Free month offer does not include international shipping fees.